Deanna is an international writer, performer and facilitator. She co-curates two leading spoken word events: Chill Pill and Come Rhyme With Me and is on the board of Safe Ground.
Commissions include: Under The Skin (St Paul’s Cathedral), Now We Are Here (Young Vic), Women Who Spit (BBC IPlayer) and Buckingham Palace (NYT).
Currently in development with EARTH: The Show (written with Gemma Rogers).
If you fancy some detail..
- Accolades: ELLE UK’s ’30 inspirational women under 30′, The Female Lead’s ’20intheir20s’, Cosmopolitan’s ‘No.1 trailblazing woman’, youngest UK Poetry Slam Champion (2007/8)
- Previous international trips include: Canada (British Council/Shakespeare lives), Beirut (Roundhouse), South Africa (Connect ZA and Roundhouse), Zimbabwe (British Council) and Sudan (British Council).
- Teaches the Writing Poetry for Performance module with Benjamin Zephaniah at Brunel University.
- Tutor at School of Communication Arts (‘The most successful ad school in the world’).
- Chill Pill is a team made up of: Deanna, Raymond Antrobus, Adam Kammerling, Mr Gee and Simon Mole.
- Come Rhyme With Me is the love child of Deanna and Dean Atta
- Member of prominent poetry collectives; Point Blank Poets (Biennale UK Artist International award 2011) (Other members are: Sabrina Mahfouz, Dean Atta, Hollie McNish, Bridget Minamore and Chimene Suleyman) and Keats House Poetry Forum.
- Actor and a voice over artist.
- Alter-ego called Tabitha Bangerss (Mash). She’s in SH!T S!CK: An all female punk band.
- I’m really into talking about the universe, quantum philosophical-physics and writing stuff.
- Would most like to collaborate with: Bjork and Margaret Atwood.
- Firm believer of the power of unconditional love.